Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Aiden

This face I am seriously missing it right now. Aiden my favorite but shush don't tell anyone. Aiden and I have a very special bond. I guess you could say it starting when as an infant I would whisper in his ear and tell him that we were the numbers ones because we have the brown eyes. We also have a super secret club that everyone knows about that only Aiden and and I are the members of. To get in you have to have brown eyes and your name has to start with an A. Others have tried and failed to join our club. But it's just the way we like it the number ones only.

Being so far away from my number one has been hard. I now have my own little one but I still hold my little Aiden as my first number one. I miss his sweet little voice and his hysterical laugh the one that gets the neck vain to pop. I love the way he tells me stories that I can hardly understand but yet they are the best ones I have ever heard. I love the way he gets defiant and wont listen to anyone even me. I love how he has the great need to create stuff. I always try and give into that need. We make homemade play dough and I always buy him all the mess making toys his mom hates which I am sure I am going to get back as soon my little ones is old enough.

With Christmas around the corner I find myself sad and missing my Aiden. We would have gone Christmas shopping for holiday decorations by now. He is the best shopping companion ever. He helps pick out all sorts of crazy things and insist that I get them. I am sure I have some weird holiday decorations I have yet to pull out because my Aiden told me I had to have it. He also love snow globes. He even picked one out for me one year for Christmas. I can't see one without thinking how much Aiden would love it. Last year on our ornament shopping trip to the hobby lobby. Aiden insisted on wearing one gwoub (glove) he lost the other. We tried to convince him it wasn't a good idea but he is defiant and insisted. We came across the snow globes which he of course had to pick up and hold. While wearing only the one glove can you guess what happened yep it fell to the ground because it slipped out of the one gloved hand. Poor little Aiden was is tears. He had broken his favorite thing in the world. It was sad and sweet at the same time. Oh how I miss the him and the way he says gloves!

This time of the year just isn't the same without my Aiden!

Come visit me soon!

1 comment:

KimandJake said...

Tender Steesh! I miss the dubs too! It's even worse cause I have pictures of them everywhere. We get to see everyone very soon!