Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today

Everyone in my office is pregnant. I am not exaggerating. There are at least six people I work with that are having babies this year. The first couple just had their baby and brought him to the office to show off. Needless to say I am a mess. When I saw them walk up my heart just sank. There was the baby I was suppose to have. I pretended to be excited and oohed over the little one. But inside my heart is broken. As they walked away K and I (she is also on the path of infertility) just sat there looking at each other. Both sensing the others pain. Both wishing it were our baby and both holding back tears.

So today I am struggling to be happy for those who are pregnant. I am trying to see the good things in my life. I am trying to remind myself that I may not be a mother but I have two nephews that tell me that I am their favorite and that is what counts!

1 comment:

Yoka said...

I can completely understand you. I have three people I know pregnant with twins right now. Two of them naturally conceived. I always wonder how it is possible that some people get all the luck in the world and get to have two babies while I can't even have one? Fortunately we are now on the road to adopt and if everything goes well we might have a baby in August...