Friday, May 23, 2008

There is a path to everything you want

When I moved in to my new house over a year ago we tried a new Chinese restaurant. At the end of dinner we got our fortunes my said, "There is a path to everything you want" I found it deeply meaningful and kept it and put it on a board in my kitchen. I have forgotten about it and looked at it again the other day. I remember the day I got it that I was happy thinking that the path to my baby would be through the best possible doctors and IVF. Today I look at my fortune and think the path to my baby may not be the one that I expected but at least there is still a path. I am not saying that I am going to give up on myself yet. I still think I will try IVF at least just one more time. But what I am saying is that I am growing up and I am opening my mind and my heart to the possibility of other paths.

So today I find myself thinking of the paths we take in like. With each path that we come across in our lives we have to ask our self is this the right path for me? We are lucky when we get to choose the path. Some paths we don't even get to choose like that path of infertility you just get kicked out of a moving car and stumble down it. They only thing we can choose is how we accept the un-choosen path. So with dignity and grace I will accept the path of infertility. I will stay to the world I may not be a mother but I am an amazing aunt, sister, wife, daughter, and friend. I will thank the Lord each day for the the things that I do have in my life. I will look at each day as a gift, every meal a banquet, and every challenge a new opportunity to grow. And most importantly I will remember that there is a path to everything I want.

1 comment:

LaRen said...

That is so beautiful! You're a beautiful person and there is a path to everything. Loves