Sunday, May 10, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love my Mom

My mom has been so sick for the past week. She was even admitted into the hospital and just got out today. So since I have been on bed rest and my mom has been sick we haven't seen each other in forever! I miss you mom and wish I could be with you!

10 reasons why I love you:

1- Even though I have caller id when I answer my phone she says, Junnie banunie its yours mama. 

2- She made my little sisters visit me first before seeing her in the hospital just in case they could pass it on to me. 

3-Even though I have a husband that can take care of me, whenever I have a migraine I have to call my mom and cry to her. She can always make me feel better. 

4- One day when I was particularly sad about not having a baby.  She came down to my office and said what would you say if I could get you twin baby girls in a month.  She had so much determination in her eyes I knew she could do it if I wanted. There is nothing she won't do for her children in pain.

5-She purrs on us when she gives us hugs.  When she is gone too long I miss those purrs. 

6- She says you make fun of me but just wait you will be just like me.  I know mom I will.  If I end up having babies they won't cross the street and I might look into plastic bubbles for them to live in. 

7- We share the same birthday and we always celebrate by buying new lipsticks together.  It's the best! There is nothing better than a new lipstick. 

8-When I had my first miscarriage  she came rushing over to my house and held me while I cried and cried. I didn't think I would ever be happy again but she told me I could get through it.  She was right. 

9-I love that when she has to make business decisions or major life decisions. She goes with her gut and never looks back.  It's something I aspire to do. 

10-My mom has worked hard her whole life so her children would never go with out.  She has sacrificed herself for her kids. Mom don't think that I haven't noticed. I truly appreciate it!

Mom I love you so much and thank God every night that he sent me to you! I wish I could be with you while you are sick.  You always make it better when I am. Happy Mother's Day! 

3 comments:

LaRen said...

Happy Mothers day to you and your mom (a second mother to me)! You both deserve a more special day! Maybe we could re-act mother's day when you both are out of bed!

Unknown said...

very touching.

Whitney said...

❤️