Friday, May 1, 2009

Egg Retrival

I had my Egg Retrieval on Friday.  I didn't sleep very well the night before. I keep waking up every hour I was afraid that I would be late.  Well we ended up getting there on time and they took me right back. Even though I had done this twice before I was so nervous. I don't know why!  

I had to undress and put on one of those lovely gowns with and open back! They started my IV and of course after 10 plus hours of no food it they couldn't find a vain. I think that ended up being the worse part getting my IV. After I had my IV I just had to wait. My Dr. had a procedure before me and it was running late.  That might have been the worst part. Waiting.  It just made me more nervous.  

Finally they took me back to the retrieval room.  Now the fun part begins!! The Dr. came in and gave me the run down of what was to happen. B and I signed the consent forms and we were ready to start.   The nurse starts to tilt my chair back and made me put my legs in the stirrups! Now let me tell you this is not like going to the gyno! My legs were up there!  My whole business there for the world to see! Okay I think that is actually the worst part.  I keep my knees closed and nurse keep telling me to spread them.  I keep cracking joke about how much fun I was having. She then said she would give me the drugs to make me not care about my legs being spread for the world to see. The last thing I really remember was holding my honey's hand and him asking me if I could feel it yet. I said No and she injected me with something else. All I can remember from there was the Dr. preparing me for the surgery. I also vaguely remember tell the nurse that if would feel good to go sleep. I think that was probably when they helped me back to my room.  Which I can't remember at all! 

Then next thing I remember is hearing my other Dr. in the hall. He is super loud and a little crazy. But an amazing Dr.  His loud voice is what woke me up. I looked around a bit. I was all snuggled up in a recliner and before I knew my honey was back in  my room. He told me I did a good job. I always ask if I said anything crazy cause that is what I do. He told me I didn't.  Next the nurse came in next to check my vitals and give me some juice and crackers.  Grape juice! It tasted to delicious after 12 plus hours of no liquid. I drank two! I finally remembered to ask about my eggs! Now for the best part! I had 18 eggs!! The nurse told me that is double the normal average! I was so happy I couldn't believe it!  It was all worth it!  They checked me out after I was able to keep down my juice and crackers for at least a half and hour.  I got wheel chair service to my car.  

On the way home I was starving.  So B took me to my favorite hamburger joint. Hires Big H! So yummy!  After lunch I went home and slept for 3 hours.  I now just have to wait to hear how my eggs fertilized. 

No comments: