Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bed Rest

I saw the Dr. on Monday because I have been having major cramps ever since I had my transfer. They took my blood pressure, my temperate, and weighed me. Then they did 2 ultrasounds, one vaginal and one on my tummy.  The verdict....my ovaries are filled with fluid. That is why I haven't slept through the night and I am doubled over in pain all the time.  The Dr. said that typically this happens to pregnant women.  So it could be a good sign.  However, if I am pregnant it is only going to get worse at least for the first 2 months.  Ugh.

So here is what I have to do to help with the pain:

Bed rest for another week in a reclining position

I have to measure my input meaning how much I drink. They told me I have to drink 64oz of powerade/gatorade a day! 

I have to measure my output meaning how much a pee! I have this little white thing I have to put on the seat of my toilet to pee in.  Let me tell you how much I hate this.  

I have to weigh myself every morning. 

And I have to measure my tummy...or as they call it abdominal girth.  How ugly is that???

I have to call the clinic everyday with the previous days results! 

I haven't been feeling well at all. My cramps come and go through out the day and night and worsen as the day goes on. I am so tired from the lack of sleeping through the night. I find myself taking 2 mini naps a day.  I will be watching TV and then next thing I know I am out cold.  I am however, not freaking out at all. I am super surprised by this.  I am just calm and hopeful.  This cycle has been nothing like the previous two. So we will just have to see what happens next! 



2 comments:

Raychelle said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through so much pain right now! I really hope that the differences this time mean that it will end differently--then it will all be worth it, right? I hope you start feeling better soon!

LaRen said...

THE WAITING GAME is no fun!!! hmm... I've never measured my pee before...