Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Transfer

I got another call from the clinic today! I have my transfer tomorrow at 10am. When we arrive they will give me pictures of the two best embryos that they will transfer.   I am having a 5 day transfer.  My embryos have reached the blastocysts stage. The have the best change of getting me pregnant.  All 7 of my embryos are still growing great. I hope I get to freeze a few!   I am so excited. I feel so good about things. I am hoping and pray this time will stick! 

This is what happens during the Transfer:

Once the eggs are fertilized, the resultant embryos are transferred to the incubator and allowed to develop until ready for transfer, which is usually from 3 to 5 days. In younger women 5-day embryos (blastocysts) are used because they have a greater probability of survival and fewer need be transferred so as to decrease the risk of multiple pregnancies.

The couple returns to the clinic on the day of transfer and the embryos are transferred to the uterus using a small catheter in a painless procedure which only takes a few minutes and an hour of rest after the transfer in the clinic.  


The transfer is no worse than a pap! Now all I have to do is deal with the bed rest! 


I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. 





2 comments:

mon said...

Yeah!!! We are so excited for you and will keep you in our prayers. Let us know if you need someone to do Diet Coke or food runs for you while you're on bed rest.

LaRen said...

YIPPY I am so glad it went well today! get some rest and let me know if you want me to come keep you company! LOVES!